Seneca’s Student Federation is not perfect. That goes without saying, they are sloppy, under involved and don’t factor in how to be a proper student federation at what should be a high quality college. Why am I so frustrated with the federation? Well below are my reasons of frustration with them.
- They would not appear on the blog or podcast – There is no reason you can’t be interviewed on my show. Explain your position and connect with more Seneca College students then you would with your direct marketing campaigns.
- They are ignorant to our issues – Students are legitimately confused and frustrated at Seneca. What groups can I fit in to? Where can I make similar minded friends? Are there events I would like? Seneca Student Federation does not clearly address any of these issues at this time.
- They do not promote their events on high traffic webspace – I get more web traffic from Seneca College students then this stupid little group gets on their black board. Or their SSF website updated last month. Why is their website low traffic? The blog is rarely updated, they lack an integrated communications approach and there is no interactive space. This website is just boring. According to hubspot they are not using meta descriptions which also plays a part in them generating a low traffic information website. Meta tags and descriptions should help organically index a website in search engines.
- The comedy event was homophobic – Don’t ignore this. You brought people in to the school that harassed Seneca Pride members. We do not feel welcome at your events. What is going to be done about this?
- The website is not user friendly – You do not need an account to comment on my blog. You need an account to use anything on their blog. Who needs another Seneca College account?