When you are doing a digital media campaign for a brand what do you need to do? you need to decide who to target. I would say the most important target factors to consider are geography & age. The rest is all just gravy, especially if you approach your marketing from a 0 sales perspective. Here is some advice for creating a target audience from the 0 sales perspective.
- Shotgun your strategy – Fire everywhere because you do not know who your brand appeals hit the hardest. So just fire everywhere until you catch someone.
- Prepare to learn – I thought my biggest appeal for my own business with my first customer was quick website setup. It actually was English speaking, website setup. It is always good to be prepared to change your thinking.
- How do they talk to you about your brand? – You need to know what people already think and develop your message from there. Not some imaginary start point irrelevant to where you are. Despite what you might think about Marketing it is not magical brain washing. If you have not talked to any potential customers yet in person… What the hell are you doing? Get off your computer and do it!
- Hit global targets online, local targets in person – This is what I hate about Facebook, I have never gotten a Boosted post to target an American or UK audience. I do not want to hit local targets online. Since I had a Nintendo Wii I wanted to use the web to connect with a global audience. When I first started my business I forgot that. Thanks to Fiverr I remembered. If you do not plan on personal sales at all. Your business will go under, that is a fact not a suggestion.
- Learn how they use technology – For example everyone I know reads my website on their phone & link through Facebook. That is why I make my website mobile adaptive and keep my Facebook content active.