If you started a Shopify store in 2018 and you refer to any of the lousy Facebook forums. This is probably what you thought you needed to start the store.
- Facebook ads
That would be the easy solution if that actually did anything at all. Here is what you actually need when you start an online shop:
- A content management system – This system holds the bulk of your content and sends you the most shop traffic.
- A personal sales & marketing system – You have a local geography. To exist you must have this. You must use this local geography as much as you use the web. Everyone needs to know what you are doing.
- A Media blog – You need something to host product demonstrations, hold testimonies and host interviews.
- Custom product photography – At least get some of your own custom product photography. Literally with some shops I can load the distributor using their own shop photos. This means your customers can undercut the seller. Go straight to the supplier.
- SEO Blog when possible – Nothing does as well as this for generating web traffic. Get an SEO optimized blog and you generate all sorts of local and international web traffic.