If more companies were built around effective and legal sales strategies Canada would not have had the famous flops I can think of in the last 5 years. These incidents include but are not limited to:
- Rogers & Bell getting called out for high sales pressure tactics – Despite many vendor contract employees in telecom taking issue with their practices.
- Sears creating a re-branding campaign – When they needed a better sales campaign
- 99% of new businesses failing – Again not because of bad ideas but because no one thought how to sell these ideas.
We are in an era now where we realize, “There is no such thing as being your own boss.” Someone has got to be paying for us to keep the lights on. Your Shopify store is no different. You need a boss, their name will be buyers or one big buyer. You do need a boss though. Unless you planned to build your business as a hobby shop. Then get off of my forum!
“Alright I know we need sales Ashton but where do we go online to find those sales.” To that, I reply, turn off the computer moron and go around town putting flyers in mailboxes! Paper still works and digital is in decline. Write a blog and get yourself interviewed about your passion or create interesting content that you share on a multi-platform plan to engage a new audience.
Just know this, if you are not answering some customer’s dumb question about your business with a smile on your face. You are running your business completely and totally wrong. “I got into this so I would have something I enjoy.” Bogus… I reply. “You got into this to sell stupid stuff on the internet and make a bundle of money.” By the way, if you are not thinking about it yet, here are some potential buyers for crap you sell for Indian factories or homemade.
- Store owners – People who need to stock an inventory all the time of trendy and unique stuff.
- Young Dynamic Bloggers – Get people who will write about your products.
- Vloggers – People who will demonstrate your products to their audience.
- Drunk shoppers – Seriously the only people who drop serious money on Facebook usually are some kind of intoxicated. For example, I refer to a relative of mine who buys phone accessories loaded.
- Personal Sellers – Try to convince people to buy a wholesale of your products to sell on a commission. Also, learn straight commission pay is not a bad word for a sales job. If you do get other help though… Get them on an hourly.